Training Partners

K

Kompany4

Staff member
How are you getting on with your training now after your op?
Flying mate to be honest :)

Strength (which I’m not even concerned about or chasing) is increasing daily, size and shape has come on leaps and bounds but most of all it’s just good to be back and in there.

Thanks for asking by the way 👍

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
Excellent news mate, great to hear your back in the gym and progressing again.

I'm 5 days after hernia op & already missing it.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Excellent news mate, great to hear your back in the gym and progressing again.

I'm 5 days after hernia op & already missing it.
Sorry missed this mate (your own op)
How did it go Adam? What’s your time out estimated at bud?

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
Got an appointment to see consultant in 4 weeks mate, where if everything has gone to plan he should give go ahead for light gym work.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Got an appointment to see consultant in 4 weeks mate, where if everything has gone to plan he should give go ahead for light gym work.

I had the snip (vasectomy) a long time ago and that's a similar op to a hernia. If you avoid core work you can keep training isolation with no worries.

Just a suggestion mate.

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
I had the snip (vasectomy) a long time ago and that's a similar op to a hernia. If you avoid core work you can keep training isolation with no worries.

Just a suggestion mate.
I wish it was as easy as that mate, but I had open surgery to repair a large hernia. I still can't bend over to put socks on 6 days after op. I have 8 staples in the wound which aren't being removed until Friday.
It's my own fault, I've been putting off getting this repaired for a while & as a result the hernia grew larger.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

I wish it was as easy as that mate, but I had open surgery to repair a large hernia. I still can't bend over to put socks on 6 days after op. I have 8 staples in the wound which aren't being removed until Friday.
It's my own fault, I've been putting off getting this repaired for a while & as a result the hernia grew larger.

Sounds like you've got something more serious going on than I know about. Most hernias are usually just a twisted tube caused by weight related stress in the groin or lower abs that's easy to "pop back in" with minor surgery but I'm by no means an expert on this subject.

I vaguely remember a detailed forum topic a long time ago from a guy with a hernia from heavy leg raises that was quite informative. Possibly that was on Elitefitness or another forum I can't remember the name of right now but none of this would matter to you anyway for your specific situation.

Speedy recovery mate (y)