We leave so many things in our lives unfinished

Bonus

Bonus

Administrator
Staff member
We convince ourselves that life will be better after we get married, have a baby, then another.
Then we are frustrated that the kids aren't old enough, and we'll be more content when they are.
After that, we're frustrated that we have teenagers to deal with.
We will certainly be happy when they are out of that stage.
We tell ourselves that our life will be complete when our partner gets his or her act together, when we get a nicer car, are able to go on a nice holiday….when we retire?
Truth is, there's no better time to be happy than right now. If not now, when?

Your life will always be filled with challenges.
It's best to admit this to yourself and decide to be happy anyway.

A quote from Alfred D. Souza. He said;
"For a long time, it had seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. Yet there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, or a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last, it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life."

This perspective has helped me to see that there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way.

So, treasure every moment that you have, and remember that time waits for no one.
Time is the fire in which we burn.

So, stop waiting until you lose ten pounds, until you gain ten pounds, until you have kids, until your kids leave home, until you start work, until you retire, until you get married, until you get divorced, until Friday night, until Sunday morning, until you get a new car or home, until your car or home is paid off, until spring, until summer, until winter, until your song comes on or until you've had a drink....

Some days it may not seem like it, but there really is no better time than right now to be happy.

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

Credit – R.Westerburg

K

Kompany4

Staff member
What a post

Really needed to hear something like this today mate

I love when things like that happen and something speaks to you in a moment you need it!!!

Nice one

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

We convince ourselves that life will be better after we get married, have a baby, then another.
Then we are frustrated that the kids aren't old enough, and we'll be more content when they are.
We tell ourselves that our life will be complete when our partner gets his or her act together, when we get a nicer car, are able to go on a nice holiday….when we retire?

"For a long time, it had seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. Yet there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, or a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last, it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life."

This perspective has helped me to see that there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way.

So, treasure every moment that you have, and remember that time waits for no one.

So, stop waiting until you lose ten pounds, until you gain ten pounds, until you have kids, until your kids leave home, until you start work, until you retire, until you get married, until you get divorced, until Friday night, until Sunday morning, until you get a new car or home, until your car or home is paid off, until spring, until summer, until winter, until your song comes on or until you've had a drink....

Some days it may not seem like it, but there really is no better time than right now to be happy.

Credit – R.Westerburg

What an absolutely fucking brilliant and very inspiring post mate. Kudos to you (y)

I don't want to be negative and bring down your positive vibe but I have to be honest and say that happiness is really just an illusion though and a false state of mind to side-step the harsh realities of life.

Being content with who you are, what you've done, and what you've got, is a more down to earth and achievable life goal IME.
Life is about survival and coping...not chasing happiness and dreams.

darrenG10

darrenG10

Live life each day do what you love too do focus on a goal always stay active a active goal driven mind is a confident happy person

Rdavisipad

Rdavisipad

It's a nice sentiment, but easier to say than do. Each person has individual circumstances which can affect the way they live and the way they see life.
Not being negative.... just realistic.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

It's a nice sentiment, but easier to say than do. Each person has individual circumstances which can affect the way they live and the way they see life.
Not being negative.... just realistic.

100% on point.

charliethomas

charliethomas

Administrator
Staff member

Credit – R.Westerburg
love this.

Dbol Squirrel

Dbol Squirrel

Great post.
And although I agree with being realistic. Realistic according to who's standards?
I think we should be unrealistic to the standards set by the majority. No-one ever attained greatness by being realistic.

Happiness is totally achievable. It requires not discounting bad shit happening though.
It's about resilience. Quickly recentering after adversity.
Expecting everything to be rainbows and unicorns will keep happiness elusive.
That type of expectation is indeed not realistic. So it comes down to how you define things.
Maybe the only way to define being happy, is to say that a reasonable percentage of your experience is enjoyable
😊
Happiness is progress.

Bonus

Bonus

Administrator
Staff member
What an absolutely fucking brilliant and very inspiring post mate. Kudos to you (y)

I don't want to be negative and bring down your positive vibe but I have to be honest and say that happiness is really just an illusion though and a false state of mind to side-step the harsh realities of life.

Being content with who you are, what you've done, and what you've got, is a more down to earth and achievable life goal IME.
Life is about survival and coping...not chasing happiness and dreams.
I hear what you’re saying, and of course, these are only words, and to subscribe to a notion of happiness is almost impossible with all the day-to-day crap that happens in our lives, particularly when so much of it is often out of our control.

However, the sentiment of the words is sincere.

I don’t believe happiness is an illusion or false, I believe it’s a state of mind, something to strive for.

As I’ve got older, I’ve had to admit to myself that I’m no longer bulletproof like I used to think I was when I was younger, and on some down days, I guess the realization of mortality sets in, particularly as, over time, we lose family and friends, and it makes me realize that only 2 things in life are guaranteed.

1. We are born.
2. We die.

That’s it, these are absolutes.

We have no influence on where we start the journey and let’s be honest, the destination looks pretty shit.
The only part we have the chance to decide what we do is on the ‘Journey’ from 1 to 2.

Personally, when I arrive at ‘destination fucked’ my ambition is that I might be able to look back with a smile, not a sneer and be content with myself and feel that I had a pretty good ride despite all the shitty parts and hope that maybe I even made some people happy along the way.

When you arrive at your destination you can’t take anything with you, and no one gets out alive so the only hope we have is to try to enjoy the ride as best we can.

The scene near the end of Ricky Gervais’ brilliant Afterlife struck a chord with me.

‘My dad used to say that life is like a ride at the fair, exciting, scary, fast and you only get to go round once.
You have the best time until you can’t take any more.
As it slows down and you see someone waiting to get on, they need your seat’.

Makes me realize that life is fleeting, try to seize every day and don't take it for granted as tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Crasher

Crasher

"Personally, when I arrive at ‘destination fucked’ my ambition is that I might be able to look back with a smile, not a sneer and be content with myself and feel that I had a pretty good ride despite all the shitty parts and hope that maybe I even made some people happy along the way."

Amen Brother. And also, I want to be covered in scars and tattoos. A life well lived is a good life. Oh, and also - I try to live according to this.....

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice".

Not always possible and it gets you kicked in the balls sometimes, but it's worth striving for I feel.

Jayne Scott

Jayne Scott

Credit – R.Westerburg
👏 ...this post is the most inspiring I've read in awhile.