I'm getting fucked in the ass big time !!

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

I gave a vehicle to a main dealer last week for an MOT, service, and some small repairs on a van that is only 5 years old and just out of the warranty period. This is the repair bill they sent to me yesterday to get a new MOT certificate :eek:
Most of the jobs they say need doing are just total bullshit and don't even need doing yet (replace steering rack etc) but they've bent me over a barrel and pulled my trousers down with no options other than to pay the bill or get the vehicle rescued/towed off their forecourt. They won't even let me drive it away without an MOT for "legal reasons and legal responsibilities" that they can't discuss with me.:mad:

I'm so fucking angry right now ‼️

Screenshot 2022 03 22 062954

K

Kompany4

Staff member
List the jobs on here and I will help advise you if I can mate.

Unless the failure/s are genuinely making the vehicle unfit for the road then I wouldn’t think they can not make you have it towed away.

Let’s see what they have listed and go from there

Jayne Scott

Jayne Scott

I gave a vehicle to a main dealer last week for an MOT, service, and some small repairs on a van that is only 5 years old and just out of the warranty period. This is the repair bill they sent to me yesterday to get a new MOT certificate :eek:
Most of the jobs they say need doing are just total bullshit and don't even need doing yet (replace steering rack etc) but they've bent me over a barrel and pulled my trousers down with no options other than to pay the bill or get the vehicle rescued/towed off their forecourt. They won't even let me drive it away without an MOT for "legal reasons and legal responsibilities" that they can't discuss with me.:mad:

I'm so fucking angry right now ‼️

View attachment 174
They used the oldest trick in the book of you...shame on them.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

They used the oldest trick in the book of you...shame on them.

Yes for sure. They've totally screwed me with this booking. There were a few small minor repairs I aksed them to do plus a full service and the MOT and through experience with owning/servicing new vans I was expecting a bill of no more than 1500-2000 at most.

3700 and forcing me to have unnecessary jobs done to get a new MOT is scandalous and even if the other jobs were actually needed a 1500 labour charge is taking the piss even more. The average hourly rate at a dealership is usually 100-150 per hour and there's no way they needed to spend 10-15 hours doing the work.

I'll be taking matters further as soon as I get the van back!!!

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

List the jobs on here and I will help advise you if I can mate.

Unless the failure/s are genuinely making the vehicle unfit for the road then I wouldn’t think they can not make you have it towed away.

Let’s see what they have listed and go from there

The jobs I aksed them to do were:

Replace the fuel filler cap door because I snapped it off 6 months ago and did a temporary fix myself.
Fit a new headlight bulb and 2 new side bumper bulbs on passenger side.
Full Service and MOT.
Replace the clutch pedal that I broke by kicking it upwards accidentally last month. The clutch was fine before I broke the pedal but they insisted I had to have a new slave cylinder now too because the clutch had lost pressure as a result of the pedal damage.

I agreed to the above work and the price but then after the clutch repair and a test drive they said the steering seemed "a bit heavy" and a steering rack replacement would be needed to pass their MOT and there was some other bullshit about "a noisy wheel bearing in the rear". The steering was fine/normal before I gave them the vehicle and I hadn't heard any noise from the rear wheel so these jobs are total bullshit IMO.

They've literally doubled the repair bill by forcing me to get the extra jobs done and I don't believe a steering rack or a slave cylinder or new bearings in 1 wheel were actually necessary..:rolleyes:

Oh and 1500 labour ???

Jayne Scott

Jayne Scott

Yes for sure. They've totally screwed me with this booking. There were a few small minor repairs I aksed them to do plus a full service and the MOT and through experience with owning/servicing new vans I was expecting a bill of no more than 1500-2000 at most.

3700 and forcing me to have unnecessary jobs done to get a new MOT is scandalous and even if the other jobs were actually needed a 1500 labour charge is taking the piss even more. The average hourly rate at a dealership is usually 100-150 per hour and there's no way they needed to spend 10-15 hours doing the work.

I'll be taking matters further as soon as I get the van back!!!
Wish you luck

Dbol Squirrel

Dbol Squirrel

Id prob tell them you are disputing the bill and the repairs and that you want all the old parts returned to you for independent inspection.
You own those parts after all.
I would be surprised if they can stop you collecting your vehicle.
Maybe prepare by calling some sort of citizens advice or even the police.
Just thoughts anyway.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Id prob tell them you are disputing the bill and the repairs and that you want all the old parts returned to you for independent inspection.
You own those parts after all.
I would be surprised if they can stop you collecting your vehicle.
Maybe prepare by calling some sort of citizens advice or even the police.
Just thoughts anyway.

I'll be asking for the old parts for sure and I want to see proof of purchase orders dated in the last few days for a steering rack and clutch slave cylinder for this particular vehicle.:rolleyes:

An explanation for 1500 labour will also be demanded.