Cheapest package holidays?

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Always just used Jet2 and the likes in the past for an all inclusive in Spain/Portugal/Greece

My sister today told me it’s usually much cheaper to sort your own flights and hotels separately and do it that way.

Any advice or tips would be much appreciated 👍🏻

I get the price of packages has rocketed due to many things but if I can save a couple of hundred I’ll be happy

Rdavisipad

Rdavisipad

I haven't been away for 5 years, but I used Expedia.
Gives you an array of different hotels and a host of different flights to pick from. Probably not the most helpful, sorry ☹️

U

upm1

if you find the hotel you like go on tripadvisor put the dates in and it will give you a few options of different hotel providers.
then book flights separate through flight comparison site.
should save a few quid thats what i usually do(y)

K

Kompany4

Staff member
if you find the hotel you like go on tripadvisor put the dates in and it will give you a few options of different hotel providers.
then book flights separate through flight comparison site.
should save a few quid thats what i usually do(y)

Does the option on trip advisor allow you to select “ all inclusive option” mate?

A

ash123

I would be careful of planning your own in case anything changes with covid/war etc etc as I'm not sure if you're covered? also Turkey is a lovely country with amazing food and hospitality :) but again could be at risk of not travelling

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Support the UK economy and go to Butlins or Pontins mate. Cheap as chips :)

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Have you actually done a week at Butlins as a family?

A week all inclusive abroad is much cheaper and far more enjoyable but thanks for the input

When I was a kid, yes mate, and it was horrendous lol.
A friend of mine went a few years ago though and really enjoyed it (Skegness).

K

Kompany4

Staff member
When I was a kid, yes mate, and it was horrendous lol.
A friend of mine went a few years ago though and really enjoyed it (Skegness).

Butlins is quite good to be fair but the four of us went at new year, the three night package alone was £650, factor in meals and spends on top of that plus fuel etc and you kind of get my point.

Pontins on the other hand, I would rather do a week at wormwood scrubs.

M

MattBBMF

Staff member
One thing to consider other than the convenience is that if you book a package and the company, hotel, airline or whatever goes tits up or is affected by covid you will be protected and will be provided alternatives or refunds. If you book it separately yourself you do not get this protection.

B

BertyB

I agree with the package holiday comments.
Make sure you've got the right insurance cover. Most hotels will offer a covid refund option for a little extra payment.
Pay on credit cards as it's easier to claim back..
For flights. Skyscanner is brilliant.
Expedia and on the beach are good for checking out hotels.