Broken ribs

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Peed off :(

Had the best push session in years Saturday afternoon then went and fell down the stairs yesterday bust two ribs on the right hand side.

Always when we are flying in the gym these injuries crop up lol

Gutted

Moan over *Reaches for the Ben and Jerrys*

darrenG10

darrenG10

What a gutter to hear mate especially that you just got right back into training 😔 honestly think of this as just a mini rest Christmas coming up

I read a great post someone saying Ronnie took months of after the Olympia and still came back bigger each year

We break enjoy some food and once feeling good healed right back in 💪💪

M

MattBBMF

Staff member

Had the best push session in years Saturday afternoon then went and fell down the stairs yesterday bust two ribs on the right hand side.

Gutted

Step away from the Ben and Jerrys bud... You know it makes sense. Get better soon.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Cheers guys and thanks Daz, Will have to treat it as a rest that was due…..

Noted Matt… I resisted and my son will thank me for it tonight lol

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Oops, ya plonker,.... but on the upside at least you didn't break your neck or cause spinal damage. Falling down stairs can turn into a serious long term injury.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Oops, ya plonker,.... but on the upside at least you didn't break your neck or cause spinal damage. Falling down stairs can turn into a serious long term injury.
That’s true actually knew a guy who wound up in a wheelchair permanently when I was kid due to same thing.

Bonus

Bonus

Administrator
Staff member
Oucha, sorry to hear that mate, rest up.
I'm with Daz on that one, extended Christmas break coming right up, pass the quality street 🎅:LOL:

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
The recovery time isn't too bad mate, I crashed a kart and broke a couple of ribs. Was back training after 4 weeks.
Coughing & sneezing is a bastard at the beginning though.

charliethomas

charliethomas

Administrator
Staff member

Gutted

Oh man!!! Sorry to hear that.
Literally zero u can do too for min 3 weeks.
Could hit calves still maybe?
Heal up bud!

charliethomas

charliethomas

Administrator
Staff member
The recovery time isn't too bad mate, I crashed a kart and broke a couple of ribs. Was back training after 4 weeks.
Coughing & sneezing is a bastard at the beginning though.
i used to crack a rib or two quite abit when i was wrestling. cracked 1 once and then caught a cold. that sucked.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

i used to crack a rib or two quite abit when i was wrestling. cracked 1 once and then caught a cold. that sucked.

Where are you at with training these days mate? I can see you've given up on the grappling but do you still bodybuild/lift or have you switched to some other form of sport/exercise?

Last edited:
charliethomas

charliethomas

Administrator
Staff member
Where are you at with training these days mate? I can see you've given up on the grappling but do you still bodybuild/lift or have you switched to some other form of sport/exercise?
im still at the gym, be it rarely recently, but still like riding my bicycle every week :)

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Update:

Still in agony even putting my shoes on and still no gym ffs :(

K

Kompany4

Staff member
That socks mate, thought you would be seeing signs of progress by now.
Same mate, complete rest too even with most day to day stuff I’ve took it extremely easy.

Hardest part has been adjusting to sleeping on a different side in bed lol.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Same mate, complete rest too even with most day to day stuff I’ve took it extremely easy.

Hardest part has been adjusting to sleeping on a different side in bed lol.

Your wife must be getting a bit frisky and frustrated by now mate as it looks like you can't even perform in the bedroom. I don't like seeing my Ironsport buddies in turmoil so if you need someone to service your lass and give the dog a bone I'll happily step in and sort her out for a few weeks....no worries.

Call me....:p

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Your wife must be getting a bit frisky and frustrated by now mate as it looks like you can't even perform in the bedroom. I don't like seeing my Ironsport buddies in turmoil so if you need someone to service your lass and give the dog a bone I'll happily step in and sort her out for a few weeks....no worries.

Call me....:p

I must be getting old and soft because a few years ago my blood would be boiling with comments like that haha.

She’s happy waiting though thanks FF

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

I must be getting old and soft because a few years ago my blood would be boiling with comments like that haha.

She’s happy waiting though thanks FF

I think we all tend to mellow a bit as we age and realise the things in life that are actually worth fighting for/arguing about. A few years back anyone who even looked at me sideways or said something I didn't like would find themselves in a world of pain but I brush it all off these days as it's not worth the aggro.

A sense of humour is needed to survive the ageing process.